Sunday, October 5, 2008

XTERRA NATIONALS ARE TODAY!

Here's my invitation to the Xterra Nationals being held right now at Lake Tahoe Nevada. If I hadn't landed *hard* on my left shoulder after falling off my mountain bike (remember it's the "landing" that hurts, not the fall) and broken my collarbone at almost exactly the same time this email was landing in my inbox I 'd be in Nevada right now riding the bike course.



The weather at Incline Village on the north shore of Lake Tahoe right now is 47 degrees. It's probably a bit cooler than that on the mountain where the bike course runs, I'd guess about 40.

Other than being a little cool, conditions are probably perfect for the race. The lake temperature is 58 degrees with a 5 mph wind. I'll bet the lake is very smooth. The swim would've gone well.

I was REALLY looking forward to doing the bike course again and riding over the bridge where I crashed last year during Xterra Nevada, the all comers race held the day before the National Championship.

The run would have been a bit of a challenge at 6.2 hilly miles but I would've been ready for the distance.

I also missed a great party the night before the race.

This is a shot of the lake on the day before last year's National Championship race.

Example

This is day 12 of season two. I've got an hour on the mountain bike trainer on the schedule for today.

There's always next year...

The Terrible Triathlete

No comments: