Friday, October 3, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again


Check out my new trainer.

With this baby I can ride my mountain bike while I’m still in the sling. What a concept! I can maintain bike fitness while I rehab the broken collarbone.



Here I am with my headphones, bike shorts and bike shoes on. I’ve got a video queued up from Netflix on my laptop and I’m ready to go.

OK. It’s not quite the same as riding outside. I need to make some adjustments to the trainer setup and I need to wear my biking gloves to be comfortable on the bike. I also need to set up a fan for some airflow. It got really hot while I was riding. It’s a little uncomfortable because I can’t put my left arm on the handlebar so all my upper body weight is supported by my right hand but I think I’ll get used to that. It’ll be easier when I get my biking gloves on.

Brigitte wanted me to ride in the hallway so if I tipped over I’d have something to stop me from falling. The trainer is really stable so falling isn’t going to be a problem but it doesn’t hurt to err on the side of caution.

I got in a solid 20 minutes on the bike. I’m starting out easy since I haven’t worked out for almost exactly a month but I should be able to build on this. Hopefully that pudgy belly won’t get any bigger before I can run again.


The Terrible Triathlete

1 comment:

mtbmore said...

Marc, Go to your local KMART/WALMART/TARGET and buy a cheap 26 inch tire with no tread. It will a. be quieter and b. be better for you and your bike.

Scott