Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beer is not Enough!

OK, I can have beer now, one a day. I have to be careful with the Percoset and beer at the same time. The drug packaging says, "avoid alcohol". So I'm avoiding the alcohol. Just not 100% of the time. I figure one won't hurt me.

I am starting to wean myself off the painkillers anyway. I skipped a dose of Percoset this afternoon and I'm going to try to go all night without another dose. I'm not really in a lot of pain. At least I don't think so. I may find out tonight

I'm planning to go into the office tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I'm getting really frustrated. I thought the aftermath of the surgery would be easier, but it's been one exercise in annoyance after another. I'm tired of not training, I'm tired of not working, I'm tired of not being able to do things for myself. In short, I'm tired of having a broken collarbone. Being able to drink a beer is not enough. I'm ready to get my life back anytime now.

For a person who isn't a great typist to begin with, perhaps starting a blog when one only has the use of one arm wasn't the best of ideas...

I see the doctor in 6 days.

No comments: