Friday, November 19, 2010

Starting Over


OK. It's time to start over. I struggled with trying to train through the injuries of the past 18 months. I was able to do Xterra Worlds but it's not my goal to just finish these things, I want to get better. In addition to at least three Xterras I also plan to do a 50K MTB race in Ontario in 2011. So here is the first installment of what will, I hope, become my training log for 2011.

The banner photo is the 2 mile out and back run/walk that I did on Wednesday as I try to re-start my training, pretty much from scratch.

Here's the pace chart. I was running with a friend who's faster than I am at the moment so when we were running we were running fairly fast. The workout was run 2 minutes/walk three minutes. I fudged the first run interval so it's a little short.

OK, it was pretty flat. The elevation charts will look more interesting in future posts.

Here's the heart rate chart. You can tell we were running uphill at the end as the HR rises a little for each interval.

OK. That's the first workout. Tomorrow, Saturday, is a planned 30 minutes of more run 2 minutes/walk 3 minutes. I hope to cover a bit more ground. Next week we move up to run 3/walk 3.

No comments: