Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Everyone into the Pool!

Or at least me!



Using the kickboard is certainly better than nothing and heaven knows I can use the kicking practice.



Approaching the end of the kicking lap.


I finished up tonight's swim with one more lap of "freestyle" with emphasis on the free.

Here's a video of my current swim stroke.

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3033865730038836306ojeVMr



As you can see, the best I can get out of the left arm is about a half of a doggie paddle stroke. Occasionally, I forget my limits and ask more of the left arm than it can give at the moment. That prompts an involuntary yelp of pain underwater making the swim more interesting I suppose since it's hard to predict when that will happen. Tonight's swim "workout" was 1 easy breast stroke lap, 4 mostly one armed freestyle laps, 1 kicking lap and 1 last freestyle lap for a total of 7 laps. That's two laps more than last week.

Progress.

No comments: